It’s a new episode in a new Act! 2 down, 4 to go. (This one’s Act 3.) Look alive!
This week: It’s Jade! A bubbly oracle with a bent for remarkably dangerous hobbies. Meanwhile, Rose discovers a big pulsating underground server grid, Jade receives our first in-story trolling, and Dave gets wrecked by a literal puppet. Pages 2660 to 2769.
Here’s a bunch of other stuff that comes up:
- Listen to Jade’s homemade music on page 2730.
- A YouTube upload of “[S] Jade: Play a hauntingly relaxing bassline.”
- Read the line “Jade is beginning to regret breaking the fourth wall for this ill advised escapade” and all subsequent narration in the voice from this video. [note: i have no idea what this is meant to link to because our shownotes broke]
- We got asked for webcomic recs! Check out Octopus Pie by Meredith Gran and Cucumber Quest by Gigi D.G.
- We also got asked for book recs! Go read the Mars Trilogy by Kim Stanley Robinson, or Invisible Cities by Italo Calvino.
Next week is Episode 10! Bad news: Lydia screwed up the teaser text again and we won’t properly see Bec until Ep 11. Good news: John confronts his father’s room, Jade confronts her grandfather, and a familiar-looking carapace agent confronts an enormous pointing finger and a very silly hat. 2770 – 2879.
Intro music: “Showtime (Original Mix)” – Malcolm Brown
Outro music: “Showtime (Piano Refrain)” – Malcolm Brown, arranged and performed by Kevin Regamey
Both from Homestuck Vol 1-4, listen and purchase on Bandcamp!
Homestuck, as always, is created by Andrew Hussie.