Elite Full Restore is back with an experimental new episode! Recorded live as a stream on Twitch, and with minimal post-recording editing, it’s part of we’re looking into to make putting out episodes a little easier on us. With good friend and enemy of the show Brooks Oglesby on to give us all his hot takes, we briefly discuss Ultra Sun/Moon but mostly just say disgusting things. Check out the video version on Aury’s Twitch channel @vaporheart!
Hey! It’s Elite Full Restore! Yes we still exist, and with our 10th episode we’re officially a real podcast. This is mostly a clearing-house of old questions and a rundown of the last month, to prepare for the little content gulf we can expect in the near future. What, will we actually have to make jokes?
- Competitive is fun to watch if you recognize the players, who knew??
- Mega Pidgeot as Billie Joe Armstrong
- We conclusively prove that the GTS is, still to this day, complete bullhonkey
- Pokémon Red and Blue are held together with duct tape
- Starmie’s Alola Vacation
- Did you know Generation II is really good?
- WWE moveset analysis
- Mohn’s thinkin’ bout thos beans….
- Exclusive breakdown of franchise favourite Tentaquil
- All weather is bad except Hail
- A useful QR Code team for the Battle Tree
- Some of our favourite Pokémon content creators:
Elite Full Restore is back for the new year and yet again we’ve brought a guest, we’re joined this week by Zane (@epengu) to talk Fakemon, Smash Bros and generally to give us a hard time.
- The Wild West of Early Internet Pokemon Fandom
- Zane blankets the entire podcast with callouts of EZBoard, Miyamoto, Postgame of Thrones, his own brother and, of course, us
- Fear and loathing in the Smogon OverUsed tier
- Mother 3 is never coming to the West and we all need to expect it no Aury I’m not letting you put that in the show notes
- Matt gets the Pokemon Go section to a cool five seconds
- Super Mystery Dungeon is a bullshit baby game
- Aury damage calcs an offhand joke because they’re a huge nerd
- We talk Fakemon & fake types, both ones we’ve made and ones we’d love to make
- French and German Pokemon names are extremely good
- Zane answers that one question we get every week
- Bulbapedia gets down and dirty
Elite Full Restore is BACK after a wait pretty much as long as the last one. Sun and Moon are here, but we’re just in it for the goofs.
- First up, join us on Discord! General discussion area, a place to put questions where we won’t lose them and we have a Fat Pikachu emoji
- VGC San Jose regionals report! Matt manages to mispronouce San Jose
- Your monthly “competitive Pokémon could be better” discussion
- Don’t miss a bunch of events! There’s currently FOUR, check Mystery Gift on WiFi on both current and last gen games, and enter the code ARCEUS20 or ARCEUS2016 in last gen games
- Matt gets the Pokémon Go info down to a lean 30 seconds, Aury still vapes the whole time
- The ethical and practical quandaries of hacking
- A quick primer on SOS battles and the Island Scan features and how Matt is the stupidest god damn human on this entire Earth
- An update on new abilities for old Pokemon gives us a great vape of the week
- The Ultra Beasts are here to stay, we love our space friends, and we earn our explicit rating saying which ones we’d fuck
- Massage parlours hate him! This gym employee’s one neat trick to maximize your Pokémon’s friendship
Well folks! We definitely didn’t get the next episode sooner! Herein, we discuss three rounds of news, a demo, the leak of the entire game’s files and also Lickitung’s ball handling. Pokémon Sun and Moon are imminent!
- Answering a bunch of age-old questions like “will they reveal the starter evolutions” and “What is the NX?!” several weeks late, fuck, sorry
- Aury vapes through Matt’s entire rapid-fire Pokémon Go update
- Matt rants about Nintendo’s terrible accounts system again
- Buy a 3DS if you haven’t yet, they’re going on $AAAAALE!
- Our Pokémon hopes for the Switch (which we keep calling NX)
- Them jingle!
- We finally just respond to a question entirely with a Simpsons reference
- Talonflame gets what is coming to it!
- Put Dark Void in the toilet!
- Buzzwole is the beefy friend we need in these trying times
- Machamp cranking hog: part one of 19
- Red and Blue are literally married and on their honeymoon
- We run through every possible basketball meme in a quest to defeat the 95-96 Chicago Bulls
Clarifications/Corrections (The Smogon Research thread seems to indicate…):
- Receiver indeed only inherit’s a fainted ally’s ability
- Parental Bond apparently still activates secondary move effects
- The Attack boost for Farfetch’d is 65 to 90, so its new Attack power with Stick actually dwarfs a Medicham with Pure Power considerably
- No accuracy change to Swagger
- Things that learn Splash (for Z-Move Splash)
- Changed Base Stats / Abilities via Kaphotics
- Movepool Changes for older Pokémon
- Fishy’s fun team via Nugget Bridge
- Bulbapedia Ship List
- Bogleech Pokemon Reviews
- Jamie Boyt’s Cottonee
Welcome back! Elite Full Restore returns after an awkwardly long absence fuelled by poor planning. We are joined this time by Patrick Scarborough (@RiotScarizard) for part of our episode to talk nonsense as usual. New news is TOMORROW so hopefully we’ll get the next episode out sooner!
- We love garbage and being garbage and broadcasting garbage
- A million dogs shitpost in the desert
- Aury buys a Metallica album in a Monster Rancher Quest
- Patrick asks for a gorilla, we give him an Oranguru (biologists hate them!)
- We discuss community-organized bans/tiering in competitive Pokémon and determine that it’s all stupid
- We answer an incredible question about lending games, prison and the devil himself and spend several minutes poorly answering it
- Rapid news: Volcanion coming October 10th to Gamestop/EB, Pokémon Bank update delayed, Pokemon Showdown was hacked (change your passwords!) & the Pokémon Go Plus is mostly not worth it
- HATLESS CONFIRMED
- What if Counter was… good??
- Fun trivia facts about burrowing owls
- THROW PIKACHU INTO THE SKY
- Fangames are cool, until they’re not
- “Squizpillion has three questions for us this week!” “Oh god…”
- WHICH ONE VAPES: We did it first edition
- Special thanks to Jay for the help with the editing! You can read some of Jay’s writing at The Pokémon Sprite Guy, with some insightful looks into classic Pokémon.
- The mentioned Buff Popplio Evolution.
- Please Buy Metallica’s Kill ‘Em All On Amazon Today
Your favourite fools are here, and Elite Full Restore is back with an episode that is definitely too long! This was recorded before CoroCoro, we’ll get to that next time.
- There has been way too many Sun/Moon “leaks” and they’re all fake and bad
- Matt talks about the anime and Aury doesn’t care
- GARY WAS HERE – ASH IS A LOSER
- Aury is confident we will destroy our enemies in the Brotherhood Without Manners
- “I love all Pokémon” Earlier that day, “I don’t care for Tornadus-Therian”
- Sudowoodo is a fake bitch
- Aury reminisces about the Wild West that was old-time Pokemon tourneys
- Babbytron > Cybertron
- Soliciting for Griffin McElroy’s address so we can give him a type chart
- Why record a podcast when you could be out catching Pokémon creatures?
- Guzma and the Slav Squat
- The Daily Vape: Episode 2
Links mentioned in the episode:
- Learn more about Dirtquatro
- Wolfe’s walkthrough of his winning world’s team
- Griffin McElroy’s Nuzlocke Run, praise Sea Breeze
- The world’s worst political cartoon about Pokémon Go
- Smogon CAP 3D Modelling Project
As always, thanks Bulbapedia, see you all soon <3
Welcome back to the long-absent Elite Full Restore! We swear this isn’t supposed to be a monthly podcast. So much for professional!
- Aury calls out the grandma of a competing Pokémon podcast host
- Alola Exeggutor and all haters need to meet us in the thunderdome
- We Love Smash Bros Jigglypuff
- Aury hits us up with the sweet Gamestop lifehacks
- A brief look into recent Pokémon leaks
Matt talks about a Fakemon he thought up, linked below
- Pokémon Go Ain’t Loyal
- Aury wants Abra to represent them in a court of law
- Niantic please hire us as community managers don’t look at the previous bullet points
Links mentioned in the episode:
- “What We Learned At Nationals” from Saffron City Post
- The Silph Road – Pokémon Go stats and research
- My Avocado Fakemon as drawn by @JamesCrabb
As usual, things have changed since we recorded and follow-ups will be in the next episode. Let us know how you feel about the looser format and if we missed anything you want us to cover, drop us a line at our social media.
Welcome back to everyone’s favourite Pokémon podcast, actually posting an episode two weeks after the previous one! We’re professional, guys!!
- We started with an in-depth interview with National’s commentator Aaron Zheng (@CybertronVGC) who makes us look smart then makes us look dumb for the rest of the episode with our shenanigans
- Drampa definitely vapes
- The thing about Kiteruguma is that him hug
- Aaron relates the joy of meeting everyone cool gamer grandpa, Shigeru Miyamoto
- Matt gets mad about the implications of Corrosion
- The international scene gives hope about the state of the VGC metagame
- A Mimikyu imitates Aaron’s favourite Halloween costume to win his love
- Aaron’s opinion gets overridden, Team Instinct forever
- Matt manages to make an ass of himself pronouncing Hawaiian
As promised, here is a guide to Pokémon Go from Reddit . Don’t forget to subscribe, and leave us a good review!
The second episode is up a solid 5 days after we recorded it. It’s a bit out of date! Bear with us, we’ll talk about yesterday’s revealed Pokémon soon.
- We discuss another set of new Pokémon
- Matt really likes the move Drill run, guys
- Aury continues to bitch about the competitive scene
- We discuss some of our favourite Fakemon, linked below
- Matt does his entire Pokémon Shuffle segment but forgot to record it so it’s missing but I swear to god I will murder Genius Sonority
- What is the Brexit Pokémon?
We’ll be back again soon to discuss the flood of Pokémon from Friday, and to talk about how we feel about the various side-games.